Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Panda Washer

I recently bought a panda washer, I have done about 7 (maybe 10) loads in it. I'm loving it so far, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick way to do laundry without having to fill up an entire washing machine, or those like myself who live in apartments, or even for vacation. This is an extremely lightweight and flexible little machine.

I did an experiment with my work clothes that have miscellaneous stains and dirt on them anywhere from motor oil to limestone and the clothes came out fantastic. The only bad thing I really have to say about it is that it has trouble with heavy fabrics in medium quantities. I'm a size 3 to 5 girl and I can only put 2 to 3 pairs of my jeans in there. Given along with 2 to 3 pairs of pants I can also put a lot of other lightweight items, say for example 2 pairs of jeans 4 lightweight polyester shirts and a few pairs of underwear. That works fine. And the best part is that is gets them as clean as a regular washer.

Here's my list of pro's and cons, you can also view my youtube video (link below) and see the washer in action.

Pros: Lightweight, easy to use, does a lot of smaller items at once, cleans surprisingly well, great for apartments or vacations (insanely lightweight when empty), has a handle on the back for great portability, works on any standard outlet (U.S.)

Cons: No automatic rinse cycle, filler hose is hard to use on some sinks (that's the only part of the whole unit that deserves the word "sucks" - that hose really does blow), has trouble with medium quantities of heavy fabrics as i stated above, long drying time due to no spin cycle. Towel capacity is very low, maybe 2 medium to large towels (extremely large towels I'd only put one) and maybe 3 small towels - they suck up all the water and then twist together making the machine jam.


Panda Washer Video

No comments:

Post a Comment